Opting for a quick & easy drive-thru dinner on the way home from work is SUPER tempting, though not ideal for our wallets or tummies! We’ve put together a short list of our favorite fast-food alternative recipes here below, so you can save those dollars and empty calories.
1. Egg & Turkey Bacon Sandwich
- 2 thinly sliced pieces of whole wheat bread (gluten free is also an option)
- 1 medium or large egg
- 1 slice turkey bacon
- ¼ avocado
- couple pieces of spinach
- pinch of salt & pepper
- In a non-stick pan cook egg sunny side up, cooking yolk how you prefer. Also cook your slice of turkey bacon how you prefer.
- While the egg is cooking, pop your english muffin into the toaster.
- Mash up avocado into a spread and sprinkle in salt & pepper to taste.
- Assemble all of the above along with a couple pieces of spinach and enjoy!
2. Whole Wheat Chicken Nugs
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breaks, cut into even pieces
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp panko
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425º F and spray or rub a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Pour olive oil in one bowl, then combine breadcrumbs, panko, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper in another.
- Place chicken pieces in the bowl of olive oil and mix until all pieces are evenly coated.
- Cover each piece of chicken in the breadcrumb mixture, to coat evenly and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Turn pieces over and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until cooked through. Enjoy!
3. Chocolate Banana Protein Shake
- 2 scoops Chocolate Weight Management Shake powder
- 10 ounces vanilla almond milk (can substitute another plant based milk product to keep it a dairy free shake)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup ice
- drizzle of chocolate syrup
- Combine shake powder, almond milk, frozen banana, and ice in a blender for shakes.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Enjoy!
There you have them - three recipes to help both your bank account and belly! Don’t be afraid to create your own healthy recipes at home and check out our full protein shake line for a tasty and easy protein boost.
#1 Original Detox TeaCleanse & Debloat
Flat Tummy ShakesCut the Cals*Clinically Studied
70+ Fruits, Veggies
20g of Vegan
+ 2250mg of
ACV GummiesSupport Weight Management